- The second month of the French Republican calendar (1793–1805), originally running from 22 October to 20 November.More example sentences
- Time itself was changed and months from the revolutionary calendar, denoting crucial events in Thermidor or Brumaire, were also added to the lexicon.
- It ended with Napoleon's coup d'état on 18 Brumaire.
- With the coup d'état of the 18th Brumaire 1799, which brought Bonaparte to power, Paine was again under suspicion.
French, from brume 'mist'.
More definitions of BrumaireDefinition of Brumaire in:
- The US English dictionary