- 1 • informal Relating to Birmingham or the dialect of English spoken there.More example sentences
- 'Proper Brummie: A Dictionary of Birmingham Words and Phrases', compiled by Steve Thorne and Carl Chinn, represents the first serious attempt to comprehensively document the Brummagem dialect.
- The dropped "h" and the excessive conjunctions of Brummagem dialect clash with the conventional prose of Richard's speech.
- 2 • dated Cheap, showy, or counterfeit: a vile Brummagem substitute for the genuine articleMore example sentences
- We see it as a Brummagem display (hence the ‘tramp stamp’ moniker) and it usually inspires thoughts we cannot air in polite company.
- Yes you, with your Brummagem display of sardonicism!
- They suffer all the Brummagem sentiments emanating therefrom, and return confirmed in the belief that they have tasted the culture of Einstein and Beethoven.
More definitions of BrummagemDefinition of Brummagem in:
- The US English dictionary