noun[mass noun] US
- A stew originally made with squirrel or rabbit, but now consisting of chicken and vegetables including onion and tomatoes.More example sentences
- Burgoo and Brunswick stew may qualify as Southern, but it depends on the extent of their popularity outside of their home states of Kentucky and Virginia.
- Hash, according to Dad, is ‘a finely blended Brunswick stew,’ basically consisting of finely ground potato, onion, meat, tomato, vinegar and seasonings.
- After my sandwich, Brunswick stew, and sweet tea, I tried to order ribs, but they were out.
More definitions of Brunswick stewDefinition of Brunswick stew in:
- The US English dictionary