- An elaborate kind of lace, typically with a raised design, made using a needle or lace pillow.More example sentences
- Mrs. Ann Oldfield, buried in Westminster Abbey in 1730, was by her express request wrapped ‘in a very fine Brussels lace head-dress, a holland shift, with a tucker, and double ruffles of the same lace, and a pair of new kid gloves.’
- It is Brussels lace and dates to about 1900.
- And then, of course, there is the most highly prized of tourist souvenirs: Brussels lace!
More definitions of Brussels laceDefinition of Brussels lace in:
- The US English dictionary