(also Brussel sprout)
- 1A vegetable consisting of the small compact bud of a variety of cabbage.More example sentences
- Vegetables to stock up on include broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, spinach, kale and cauliflower.
- Vegetables like cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and turnips may reduce the risk of cancerous tumors.
- Other examples of the class are kale, rutabaga, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kohlrabi, and collard.
- 1.1The plant which yields Brussels sprouts, bearing many along a tall single stem.More example sentences
- Plant out winter greens, such as broccoli and Brussels sprouts, in the vegetable plot.
- It's not difficult to grow say, tomatoes, Brussels sprouts and rhubarb.
- U.S. farms had previously used it for food crops such as Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, peanuts and peppers.
More definitions of Brussels sproutDefinition of Brussels sprout in:
- The US English dictionary