Definition of Bulgarian in English:
nounBack to top
1A native or inhabitant of Bulgaria, or a person of Bulgarian descent.
- What a joy to learn that Bulgarians will soon be able to travel visa-free to other European countries.
- The teachers involved in the programmes are a mixture of French and Bulgarians.
- To make up for it, Bulgarians are the largest bread eaters in the region.
2 [mass noun] The Southern Slavic language spoken in Bulgaria.
- Macedonian is part of the South Slavic dialect continuum at the ends of which are Serbian and Bulgarian, both of which served at one time as languages of education for many Macedonians.
- The trouble is all the material is in Bulgarian.
- In the late-eighteenth century, secular writings began to be written using a more accessible modern vernacular Bulgarian.
Words that rhyme with Bulgarianagrarian, antiquarian, apiarian, Aquarian, Arian, Aryan, authoritarian, barbarian, Bavarian, Caesarean (US Cesarean), centenarian, communitarian, contrarian, Darien, disciplinarian, egalitarian, equalitarian, establishmentarian, fruitarian, Gibraltarian, grammarian, Hanoverian, humanitarian, Hungarian, latitudinarian, libertarian, librarian, majoritarian, millenarian, necessarian, necessitarian, nonagenarian, octogenarian, ovarian, Parian, parliamentarian, planarian, predestinarian, prelapsarian, proletarian, quadragenarian, quinquagenarian, quodlibetarian, Rastafarian, riparian, rosarian, Rotarian, sabbatarian, Sagittarian, sanitarian, Sauveterrian, sectarian, seminarian, septuagenarian, sexagenarian, topiarian, totalitarian, Trinitarian, ubiquitarian, Unitarian, utilitarian, valetudinarian, vegetarian, veterinarian, vulgarian
Definition of Bulgarian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan