- Of or denoting a technique of controlled breathing claimed to alleviate asthma: the Buteyko method claims remarkable success in treating asthmaMore example sentences
- Kelly wanted to learn the Buteyko breathing techniques as she had heard they could help to control asthma symptoms.
- Campbell had taken a Buteyko course which promptly alleviated her chronic asthma.
- The Buteyko technique seeks to correct your routine breathing so you retain more CO2 with each breath.
1990s: named after the Russian physiologist Konstantin Buteyko (born 1923), who devised the technique.
More definitions of ButeykoDefinition of Buteyko in:
- The US English dictionary