- A historian or other scholar specializing in the study of the Byzantine Empire, its history, art, and culture.More example sentences
- For Byzantinists, the selection of 1557 as a terminal date for this exhibition seems arbitrary.
- It reflects the spread of interest and expertise of Byzantinists and Orientalists teaching at Oxford.
- A very familiar body of material to most Byzantinists is the land legislation of the tenth century.
More definitions of ByzantinistDefinition of Byzantinist in:
- The US English dictionary