- A nuclear reactor of a Canadian design in which the fuel is unenriched uranium oxide clad in zircaloy and the coolant and moderator is heavy water.More example sentences
- Hints from the SKP that it might reopen the province to a Candu nuclear industry likely reinforced the polarization of the vote to the benefit of Calvert.
- The United Nations Energy Agency can confirm that there is no evidence that any country has ever used material from a Candu reactor to make nuclear weapons.
- The following day it staged a photo opportunity for the signing of a memorandum with AECL (Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd) which designs and makes Candu nuclear plants.
More definitions of CANDUDefinition of CANDU in:
- The US English dictionary