- Charge-coupled device, a high-speed semiconductor used chiefly in image detection.More example sentences
- Microscopes have even entered the digital age, using charge-coupled devices and digital cameras to capture images.
- One award goes to the Waterhouse Lane imaging group which uses charge-coupled devices to reduce the need for dental X-rays.
- Since George Smith and Williard Boyle developed the first charge-coupled device at Bell Labs in 1969, futurists and scientists have imagined an infinite number of uses for electronic imaging.
More definitions of CCDDefinition of CCD in:
- The US English dictionary