- short for credit default swap. triggering the CDS might even help Europe reduce the risk of contagion in the months ahead [as modifier]: the lack of transparency in the CDS market has been harmfulMore example sentences
- In a disturbing new trend, international banks are creating syndicated credit facilities that "weaponise" credit default swaps (CDS) by using the trading price of a borrower's CDS to set the interest rate paid by the borrower.
- Recently, it was reported that banks have started tying commercial loan interest rates to the price of a borrower's CDS.
- My impression is that most CDS agreements run three to five years.
More definitions of CDSDefinition of CDS in:
- The US English dictionary