- 1A variety of black wine grape from the Bordeaux area of France, now grown throughout the world.More example sentences
- The traditional hot inland vineyards were abandoned for sites benefiting from cool ocean influence, where grapes such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinotage, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc flourished.
- Such French vine varieties as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, and some Pinot Noir were planted.
- In 1974, he planted famous varietals like Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.
- 1.1A red wine made from the Cabernet Sauvignon grape.More example sentences
- A fascinating part of the tour was to taste vintage 2000 Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot maturing in two types of French oak, as well as American and Bulgarian.
- In Napa for example, the best wines are generally thought to be Cabernet Sauvignons.
- But as more wineries and tasting rooms open here, there's more opportunity to sample locally produced Chardonnays, Pinot Noirs, Pinot Blancs, and Cabernet Sauvignons.
More definitions of Cabernet SauvignonDefinition of Cabernet Sauvignon in:
- The US English dictionary