- 1 • trademark A large luxury car manufactured by the US Cadillac motor company.More example sentences
- I don't remember the guy campaigning in a Cadillac.
- They did, however, spend $650 a month to lease a Cadillac.
- The men in the brown car waited in a parking space near Wheeler's black Cadillac.
- 2Something that is an outstanding example of its kind, especially in terms of luxury, quality, or size: the aircraft is widely regarded as the Cadillac of commuter planesMore example sentences
- The place has turned from a Porsche into a Cadillac.
- At D we have the Cadillac of diamonds: A colorless stone.
- This is the true Cadillac of the railroad!
from the name of the French explorer Antoine de La Mothe Cadillac (1658–1730), who founded the city of Detroit, where the cars are manufactured.
More definitions of CadillacDefinition of Cadillac in:
- The US English dictionary