- An invasive aquatic American plant which has become naturalized in Europe and is grown in aquaria and ponds.
More example sentences
- Elodea canadensis, family Hydrocharitaceae
- Weed growth tends to be lush in established pits with gravel bars providing clear oases in the desert of Canadian pondweed.
- For example, you can remove sizeable quantities of Canadian pondweed from the surface by raking it or by removing it by hand.
- Firstly, if it's Canadian pondweed it can drift; I've spent many an hour raking a swim in the past only to find that it's completely covered over again the next day!