- The archbishop of the southern province of the Church of England, who is Primate of All England and first peer of the realm, and plays a leading role in the worldwide Anglican Church.More example sentences
- The Windsor Report describes the Archbishop of Canterbury as one of the Anglican Instruments of Unity.
- The conference was addressed by the Archbishops of Canterbury and York, as well as by evangelical leaders from the UK and abroad.
- The new Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams, believes Freemasons have no place in the Church of England.
More definitions of Canterbury, Archbishop ofDefinition of Canterbury, Archbishop of in:
- The US English dictionary