- A dessert plum of a blue-black variety, that is often crystallized.More example sentences
- On the 1933 and 1936 expeditions, ‘there were plenty of gourmet treats such as quails in aspic, Carlsbad plums and champagne.’
- The Portuguese candy sweet greengages, while Carlsbad plums are a speciality of the Czech Republic.
- With whipped cream, toasted nuts and crystallised pears, apricots and Carlsbad plums, the result is something of a Fabergé egg.
late 19th century: named after Karlsbad (now Karlovy Vary) in the Czech Republic.
More definitions of Carlsbad plumDefinition of Carlsbad plum in:
- The US English dictionary