- Of or denoting the main style of classical music in southern India, as distinct from the Hindustani music of the north: Carnatic musicMore example sentences
- I found my feet dancing to the lilting ragas of Carnatic classical music.
- There are two basic styles of Indian music, the Carnatic and the Hindustani.
- The ghatam is a large clay pot, used in Carnatic classical music as a percussion instrument.
Anglicization of Karnataka in SW India.
More definitions of CarnaticDefinition of Carnatic in:
- The US English dictionary