- 1 (also Carolean /-ˈliːən/) Relating to the reigns of Charles I and II of England: a Caroline poetMore example sentences
- Recently, I discovered that it is the only Carolean house in the area, dating from the time of Charles II.
- In its range and quality this œuvre, together with many commissions depicting the Caroline aristocracy, was without precedent in England.
- Van Dyck's success lay in his ability to portray the poetic ideals that sustained the Caroline court.
early 17th century: from medieval Latin Carolus 'Charles'.
More definitions of CarolineDefinition of Caroline in:
- The US English dictionary