- 1.1 (as noun a Cassandra) A prophet of disaster, especially one who is disregarded.More example sentences
- The history of the oil industry in the North Sea is full of Cassandras prophesying the miserable day when the wells run dry.
- After all, the Cassandras have been wrong with their forecasts of imminent disaster plenty of times in the past.
- Several Cassandras try in vain to make their prophetic voices heard, but everyone is deaf.
More definitions of CassandraDefinition of Cassandra in:
- The US English dictionary