Definition of Catholicism in English:
1The faith, practice, and church order of the Roman Catholic Church.
- In high school, he abandoned his parents' Hindu faith and converted to Catholicism.
- The strength of Polish Catholicism derived from the church's role as one of the main sources of national identity.
- A lot of the traditions carried out in her youth revolved around Catholicism and the Church.
1.1Adherence to the forms of Christian doctrine and practice which are generally regarded as Catholic rather than Protestant or Eastern Orthodox.
- Eastern Orthodoxy and Catholicism entered the picture among the extended family, but didn't quite make it home to Britain.
- Christianity, including both Catholicism and Protestantism, has become a major religion.
- She also turned to Catholicism and various Christian sects at this time in her search for truth.
Definition of Catholicism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan