- 1The faith, practice, and church order of the Roman Catholic Church.More example sentences
- In high school, he abandoned his parents' Hindu faith and converted to Catholicism.
- The strength of Polish Catholicism derived from the church's role as one of the main sources of national identity.
- A lot of the traditions carried out in her youth revolved around Catholicism and the Church.
- 1.1Adherence to the forms of Christian doctrine and practice which are generally regarded as Catholic rather than Protestant or Eastern Orthodox.More example sentences
- Eastern Orthodoxy and Catholicism entered the picture among the extended family, but didn't quite make it home to Britain.
- Christianity, including both Catholicism and Protestantism, has become a major religion.
- She also turned to Catholicism and various Christian sects at this time in her search for truth.
More definitions of CatholicismDefinition of Catholicism in:
- The US English dictionary