Definition of Celsius in English:
adjective[postpositive when used with a numeral]
Of or denoting a scale of temperature on which water freezes at 0° and boils at 100° under standard conditions: a temperature of less than 25° Celsius
More example sentences
- The Kelvin scale uses Celsius units, the main difference being that zero on the Kelvin scale is absolute.
- The ship's diving team took the opportunity to progress continuation training in the pristine 31 degrees Celsius waters around the port.
- Biological records show that insect species are appearing six days earlier on average for each degree Celsius rise in temperature.
nounBack to top
(also Celsius scale) The Celsius scale of temperature.
- Most of our temperatures will be presented in Celsius, but you can grab a Celsius to Fahrenheit converter here.
- Likewise, we can measure temperatures on the Celsius or Fahrenheit scales.
- I have similar problems with temperature - cold temperatures work best in Celsius, hot in Fahrenheit.
Words that rhyme with CelsiusAlcaeus
Definition of Celsius in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan