- The Highland Scots, Irish, Welsh, and Cornish in relation to the rest of Britain.More example sentences
- The western Celtic fringes of Britain and the inner cities are always ‘anti’, the Church of England ultimately ‘pro’, but others commonly switch sides.
- On Thursday, we're due to hear a pitch from the Welsh Development Agency so it looks as though the Celtic fringes will be hammer and tongs over attracting investment to their shores once again.
- While their influence on the Celtic fringes is being challenged, the impact upon their own sovereignty of Brussels and the European Community increases.
More definitions of Celtic fringeDefinition of Celtic fringe in:
- The US English dictionary