- The standard time in a zone that includes the central states of the US and parts of central Canada, specifically:
More example sentences
- ● (Central Standard Time abbreviation: CST) standard time based on the mean solar time at longitude 90° W, six hours behind GMT. ● (Central Daylight Time abbreviation: CDT) Central time during daylight saving, five hours behind GMT.
- Since my body was still operating on Eastern Standard time, even though I was in the Central time zone, I told her to go ahead and ready the room for nighttime.
- This is similar to much of Texas, which should (by longitude) be mostly in the Mountain time zone instead of the Central time zone.
- Indiana, which dubs itself the ‘crossroads of America,’ is surrounded by four states that are divided between the Eastern and Central time zones.
More definitions of Central timeDefinition of Central time in:
- The US English dictionary