- A chestnut-brown Eurasian warbler with a strikingly loud and abrupt song.
More example sentences
- Cettia cetti, family Sylviidae
- Among consolations north of the county border are a thriving colony of Cetti's warblers in Broadland - the only other resident British warbler.
- The Yare Valley colony of Cetti's warblers, centred on the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds' Strumpshaw and Surlingham reserves, attracts much interest.
- The lake is the haunt of kingfishers, otters and even rarer wildlife, such as Cetti's warblers and water rails.
late 19th century: named after Francesco Cetti, 18th-century Italian ornithologist.