A red seaweed of southern Asia, which is the main source of agar.
- Gracilaria lichenoides, division Rhodophyta
More example sentences
- The jelly snacks were made from Ceylon moss extracts (the manufacturing company of one product was verified but the other has not yet been verified), which are different from the jelly products made with konjac and glucomannan.
- Duraitarnam and Medcof (1955) discovered two species of seaweeds, Gracilaria edulis and G. verrucosa, known as Ceylon moss.
- In 1930's Ceylon moss was exported from Gulf of Mannar, Puttalan Lagoon and from Ponparippu to Kallar.
Definition of Ceylon moss in:
- The US English dictionary