- A disease caused by a trypanosome transmitted by bloodsucking bugs, endemic in South and Central America and causing damage to the heart and central nervous system.More example sentences
- The medical aid agency specifically asked them for the overall resources devoted to malaria, tuberculosis, sleeping sickness, Chagas' disease, and leishmaniasis.
- Why have these partnerships ignored the most neglected diseases, such as kala-azar, Chagas' disease, and sleeping sickness?
- The DNDi is determined to make available a handful of drugs for diseases like sleeping sickness, Chagas' disease and leishmaniasis.
early 20th century: named after Carlos Chagas (1879–1934), the Brazilian physician who first described it.
More definitions of Chagas' diseaseDefinition of Chagas' disease in:
- The US English dictionary