Definition of Chardonnay in English:
1A variety of white wine grape used for making champagne and other wines.
- They cover all the main grape varieties, including Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
- The most prominent white varieties grown are Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.
- Its fresh, sparkling flavour is distinguished by a unique blend of excellent wines from classic grape varieties such as Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Chenin.
1.1A wine made from the Chardonnay grape.
- Although best known for Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Shiraz, and Pinotage, Stellenbosch produces a host of wine types including port style wines and some excellent Chardonnays and Sauvignon Blancs.
- The latter, closer to the Pacific Ocean, is home to excellent Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays.
- I regularly taste Chardonnays ten times the price of this wine that aren't anyway near as good.
Words that rhyme with ChardonnayMornay • panettone
Definition of Chardonnay in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.