- 1A variety of white grape, grown mainly in Europe and Chile for eating as a fruit or for making wine.More example sentences
- Varieties such as Chardonnay and Riesling are more winter hardy than Pinot Noir, Chasselas, and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- On the other hand, Chasselas yields are more than double… no wonder its wine is less intense.
- Well-born and bred Chasselas is highly sensitive to the diversity found in the soils, exposure and altitude.
- 1.1A wine made from the Chasselas grape.More example sentences
- In Germany it is known as Weiiser Gutedel, and in France is often known as Chasselas de Moissac.
- Crisp dry fruity whites such as Chasselas from Switzerland or Chignin from Savoie are the best pairings.
- Chasselas also has quite the home in France where it is the common component of many a white table wine.
named after a village near Mâcon, France.