- A member of a Slavic nationalist guerrilla force in the Balkans, especially during the Second World War.More example sentences
- His forces soon also turned against the rival guerrilla organization, the Chetniks.
- In an attempt to destroy Mihailovi and the Chetniks completely, Tito negotiated with the Germans, promising to stop harassing German troops if they would allow the partisans to return home.
- In the face of the German attacks, Mihailovic's Chetniks either melted away back to their villages or fled with their leader to eastern Bosnia.
early 20th century: from Serbian četnik, from četa 'band, troop'.
More definitions of ChetnikDefinition of Chetnik in:
- The US English dictionary