- 1A large sheep of a breed with short thick wool.More example sentences
- Being the progeny of two hill breeds, the Ox Cheviots have extra hybrid vigour, are hardy, prolific and excellent mothers who get on with the job of lambing with little or no assistance.
- First, flocks of pure mountain breeds - Swaledale and Dales bred in the Pennines, Herdwicks in the Lake District, Cheviots on the Scottish Borders, and Blackfaces in the Highlands - are maintained on moorland.
- While the Scotch yearling ram class was the principal event, the lowland classes showcasing the Texel, Suffolk and Cheviot breeds are gaining good prominence.
More definitions of CheviotDefinition of Cheviot in:
- The US English dictionary