noun (plural Chiantis)[mass noun]
- A dry red Italian wine produced in Tuscany.More example sentences
- In general, red and white wines keep for two to three days, although Rieslings, Sauvignon Blancs, some Chiantis, and Cabernet Sauvignons hold up to a week.
- Italian Chianti's are made with sangiovese grapes, and French Chablis are made from Chardonnay grapes.
- During his stay at an Italian hospital he charmed nurses and bribed porters into bringing him a steady stream of cognac, Cinzano vermouth, Marsala and Chianti.
named after the Chianti Mountains, Italy.
More definitions of ChiantiDefinition of Chianti in:
- The US English dictionary