- Each of a set of boxes graduated in size so as to fit inside each other: his stories often fit together like so many Chinese boxesMore example sentences
- Every literary work begins with an inspiration which must accommodate itself as well as possible to a series of constraints and procedures that fit inside each other like Chinese boxes.
- From this point on, the film becomes increasingly complex; it calls to mind a series of Chinese boxes, with different identities and stories in each one.
- There is a sense of Chinese boxes about Mina's project.
More definitions of Chinese boxDefinition of Chinese box in:
- The US English dictionary