(also Chinese cabbage)
An oriental cabbage which does not form a firm heart.
- Genus Brassica, family Cruciferae: two species, pak choi (B. chinensis) and pe tsai (B. pekinenis), which resembles lettuce
More example sentences
- Try ornamental kale and cabbage, Chinese cabbage, crinkle-leaf parsley, spinach, snapdragon and dianthus underplanted with spring-flowering bulbs.
- These could include Chinese leaves, welsh onion, and shiitake, possibly with the addition of tofu or shirataki.
- At the moment he has cabbages, mielies, onions, Chinese cabbage, baby marrow, Cape gooseberry, spanspek and cherry tomatoes.
Definition of Chinese leaves in:
- The US English dictionary