noun[mass noun] • informal
- A blend of Chinese and English, in particular a variety of English used by speakers of Chinese, incorporating some Chinese vocabulary or constructions: he speaks Mandarin Chinese but often uses a form of ChinglishMore example sentences
- Everywhere official signs on roads, public buildings and commercial districts proudly display large and expensive signs in English or rather "Chinglish" (Chinese English).
- It is time to stop thinking of Chinglish as a linguistic disease.
- Written in Chinglish, the article is credited to the People's Daily.
More definitions of ChinglishDefinition of Chinglish in:
- The US English dictionary