noun (plural same)chiefly North American
- another term for Ojibwa. Compare with Chipewyan.More example sentences
- There is no standard spelling in English, and variations include: Ojibwa, Ojibway, Chippewa and Chippeway.
- The Chippewa and Choctaw tribe member and founder of the ‘Famous Dave's’ family restaurant chain openly shared his struggles with alcoholism and school.
- Voters also will decide on a Chippewa Indian proposal that would bring a $350-million casino with 2,500 slot machines and 90 table games to the city.
alteration of Ojibwa.
More definitions of ChippewaDefinition of Chippewa in:
- The US English dictionary