Definition of Christadelphian in English:
A member of a Christian sect, founded in America in 1848, which claims to return to the beliefs and practices of the earliest disciples and holds that Christ will return in power to set up a worldwide theocracy beginning at Jerusalem.
- Brierley estimates the total membership of non-Trinitarian churches (including the Christadelphians, Christian Scientists, Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses) as having risen from 71,000 in 1900 to 537,000 in 2000.
- Convincing the government the humanist cause was worthy of a seat up there among the tax-free clouds alongside the Catholics and the Christadelphians, however, wasn't easy.
- Some groups, like the Christadelphians, confined themselves to a specific objection to bearing arms, and agreed to accept non-combatant service.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or adhering to the Christadelphian sect and its beliefs.
- The evenings when she was hanging around with Teresa on the streets her parents believed she was attending bible study classes and various other groups at the Christadelphian church in town.
- Fr Neil attended the event, which was organised by the Christadelphian sect.
- The two-volume leather-bound tome, printed in 1651, has just been removed from Barnsley library, where it is in a Bible exhibition run by the Lincolnshire-based Christadelphian society.
Definition of Christadelphian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan