- A long sock or similar receptacle hung up by children on Christmas Eve for Father Christmas to fill with presents.More example sentences
- Three quarters of Irish men are hoping to find their Christmas stocking filled with a CD, DVD or video and electronic goods such as TVs, video players or DVD players.
- It's definitely one for the Christmas stocking.
- Oranges were once the staple of Christmas stockings.
More definitions of Christmas stockingDefinition of Christmas stocking in:
- The US English dictionary