- Relating to the lavishly ornamented late Spanish baroque style: a Churrigueresque churchMore example sentences
- So intricate and so complex were Churrigueresque altars that few understand how the design was done.
- The term Churrigueresque denotes a style that is visually frenetic and exuberantly detailed.
- Designed in the Churrigueresque style, the ground floor is wrapped in a brocade of ornamental cast iron.
mid 19th century: from the name José Benito de Churriguera (1665–1725), a Spanish architect who worked in this style.
More definitions of ChurrigueresqueDefinition of Churrigueresque in:
- The US English dictionary