noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A cinematographic process in which special lenses are used to compress a wide image into a standard frame and then expand it again during projection. It results in an image that is almost two and a half times as wide as it is high.More example sentences
- Re-started as a CinemaScope picture, it turned out to be a very wise choice.
- The colors aren't as bright and bold as a CinemaScope picture shot in color by DeLuxe should be.
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers was released by MGM as a CinemaScope movie ‘in blushing color’ in 1954.
More definitions of CinemaScopeDefinition of CinemaScope in:
- The US English dictionary