Definition of City of God in English:
1Paradise, perceived as an ideal community in heaven.
- The City of God was invisible - it was not of this earth.
- We know that the peace of Heaven, the City of God, awaits and cannot be constructed by man.
- God's original creation is thus renewed and transformed, but not annihilated, in the heavenly City of God.
1.1The Christian Church.
[from The City of God by St Augustine]
- But it is also a picture of the work God is doing in the restoration of His Church - the spiritual City of God.
- He has witnessed something similar, something - dare I say it - more important: the attempted destruction of the Church, the City of God, the Body of Christ on earth.
Definition of City of God in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan