- (Of Italian wine) produced in the region from which the type takes its name, and thus of a higher standard than a regional wine without the designation: Chianti ClassicoMore example sentences
- The Chianti Classico wines have led the trend in richer and better-balanced wines.
- Once these standards are met, the wine can be called Chianti Classico, and wear the seal of the Consortium.
- Soave Classico and Valpolicella Classico come from the superior hillside vineyards and are usually far removed from the expressionless versions made from grapes grown on the valley floor.
More definitions of ClassicoDefinition of Classico in:
- The US English dictionary