- A phylum of aquatic invertebrate animals that comprises the coelenterates.More example sentences
- By this usage, the basal metazoans comprise just four phyla (Placozoa, Porifera, Cnidaria, and Ctenophora) and the large clade Bilateria.
- Four phyla (Placozoa, Porifera, Cnidaria, and Ctenophora) are typically thought to have an ancient origin within Metazoa.
- Despite these attempts, relationships among Bilateria, Cnidaria, Ctenophora, Placozoa, and Porifera remain obscure.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek knidē 'nettle'.
More definitions of CnidariaDefinition of Cnidaria in:
- The US English dictionary