- A country in the extreme NW of South America, having a coastline on both the Atlantic and the Pacific Ocean; population 43,677,400 (est. 2009); official language, Spanish; capital, Bogotá. Colombia was conquered by the Spanish in the early 16th century and achieved independence in the early 19th century.
- More example sentences
- Journalism is a hazardous profession for Colombians.
- His many works filled Colombians with curiosity and admiration for the region's cultural complexity, its contemporary myths, its take on reality.
- The Colombians are passionate about their own music and it made me think that if we were half as enthusiastic about our own home-grown talent, we'd have a far richer music scene in Scotland.
More definitions of ColombiaDefinition of Colombia in:
- The US English dictionary