- (In the US) a legal holiday commemorating Christopher Columbus’s first voyage to the Americas in 1492. It is observed by most states on the second Monday of October.More example sentences
- The Museum is open from Saturday, Memorial Day (last Monday in May) through Columbus Day (2nd Monday in October).
- He is an absurd character who relies on First Amendment freedoms to defend his teaching position, while denying others the right to take part in a Columbus Day parade.
- Be honest, did any of you teachers or bank employees use Columbus Day to go to a Columbus Day parade?
More definitions of Columbus DayDefinition of Columbus Day in:
- The US English dictionary