- A form of Judaism, particularly prevalent in North America, which seeks to preserve Jewish tradition and ritual but has a more flexible approach to the interpretation of the law than Orthodox Judaism.More example sentences
- Another segment of American Judaism is Reconstructionist Judaism, which is sometimes lumped together with Reform and Conservative Judaism as Progressive Judaism.
- On one side stands Orthodoxy, in its various manifestations, and Conservative Judaism, which, at least in theory, subscribes to the (more or less) complete observance of the mitzvot.
- Just as Conservative Judaism was surprised by the refusal of the Modern Orthodox to roll over and die, so has Modern Orthodoxy been shocked by the resurgence of an Orthodoxy which disdains higher education and western culture.
More definitions of Conservative JudaismDefinition of Conservative Judaism in:
- The US English dictionary