- 1(In England and Wales) a court of law that hears appeals against both civil and criminal judgements from the Crown Courts, High Court, and County Courts.More example sentences
- As matters stand, we will go to the Court of Appeal and the Court of Appeal might make a Reference.
- The appeals will be heard in the Court of Appeal in London but no date has yet been fixed.
- The case had been referred to the Court of Appeal by the Criminal Cases Review Commission.
- 1.1 (court of appeals) US A court of law in a federal circuit or state to which appeals are taken.More example sentences
- Anyone can file a complaint for judicial misconduct with the clerk of the federal court of appeals for the circuit in which a given judge sits.
- Last week, the federal court of appeals for the Sixth Circuit added one more piece to an already confusing puzzle.
- After graduation he went on to a clerkship on the federal court of appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, and there he found vindication.