- A federal court that tries claims against the government.More example sentences
- It has also unsuccessfully lobbied to have tort cases against it heard in the state Court of Claims, in which judges, who tend to be less sympathetic to plaintiffs than juries, render verdicts and make awards.
- I've never really known that much about the Court of Claims.
- The U.S. Court of Claims rejected a suit by 140 federal judges for salary compensation due to inflation.
More definitions of Court of ClaimsDefinition of Court of Claims in:
- The US English dictionary