- 1.1 (as noun a Croesus) A person of great wealth.More example sentences
- Such is the nature of the fledgling Israeli art world that the artist could entertain no reasonable hope of selling it to either a Croesus or one of the major Israeli museums.
- It's hard for people to weep over some nasty Croesus losing a couple of million.
- A Croesus who will metamorphose into a philanthropist prepared to take on the giants of industry.
More definitions of CroesusDefinition of Croesus in:
- The US English dictionary