- A British colony whose legislature and administration was controlled by the Crown, represented by a governor.More example sentences
- The two islands were administratively joined in 1888; British Crown Colony government lasted until independence in 1962.
- A British Crown Colony from 1866, representative government was gradually introduced from 1884.
- The Greek majority population of the British Crown Colony of Cyprus demanded independence and union with Greece.
More definitions of Crown ColonyDefinition of Crown Colony in:
- The US English dictionary