noun[mass noun] (also Crown lands)
- 1Land belonging to the British Crown: revenue from Crown landsMore example sentences
- Officers contemplated serving an enforcement notice, but were thwarted when they searched the Land Register and found that the field was Crown land, bought by the Department for Transport for the M11 project.
- The CRoW Act states that dogs must be kept on short leads during the ground nesting season, but this only applies to public land, whereas most of the Forest is Crown land.
- We can ride anywhere on open Crown land and on tracks through the woodland.
- 1.1Land belonging to the state in some parts of the Commonwealth.More example sentences
- A recalcitrant province insists it won't play the odds when deciding how to dispose of Crown land in British Columbia.
- Hunting, fishing and recreational opportunities on Crown land should be ensured for all British Columbians.
- The working forest initiative determined that B.C. needs to protect and identify the working Crown land base in British Columbia, which is about 45 million hectares, he said.
More definitions of Crown landDefinition of Crown land in:
- The US English dictionary